Baked Tortilla or Pita Chips
Whether at school or at home, try this healthy snack recipe from the Go!Kids Health and Fitness Programs
Click here to download a PDF of the Baked Tortilla or Pita Chips recipe.
Serves 8 for snack (5-6 chips each)
1 package of whole wheat tortillas or whole wheat pita bread
A little extra virgin olive oil poured into a bowl
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a pastry brush, lightly “paint” one side of each tortilla or pita bread with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, and if desired, with seeds.
- Cut each tortilla like a pizza pie, so that you get eight equal triangular pieces.
- Spread chips evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until chips are crispy and lightly browned. Serve with homemade salsa, guacamole, or other dips.