Domestic Violence Prevention and Intervention Services
Domestic violence affects every member of the family
The Children’s Aid Society believes that when there is violence in the home, every member of the family is affected. That's why the Family Wellness Program addresses domestic violence from the perspective of the entire family.
A wide range of services is available for those who have experienced violence in their homes or in dating relationships. They include:
- Individual counseling for survivors of abuse, and children and teens who have witnessed abuse.
- Family counseling for children and their non-abusive parents.
- Group counseling for women, children and teens.
- Men's groups for men who have used abusive behavior in intimate relationships.
- Case management and advocacy services, including help acquiring public assistance, orders of protection, housing and shelter as well as referrals for other services when necessary.
Services are provided free-of-cost in English and Spanish at several locations in Manhattan and the Bronx.
For more information
Call Family Wellness at (212) 503-6842.