Ten Ways to Get Hired
Ten ways to increase your chances of getting hired at The Children's Aid Society
- Follow the instructions: “no phone calls” means don’t call!
- Spell the name of the organization, and the person to whom you are addressing your resume, correctly.
- Make sure your resume is in MS Word (.doc not .docx) or pdf format and not “zipped”.
- Clearly state the position for which you are applying, or at least the field and level of the position you are seeking.
- Include a cover letter.
- Address your application to the person whose name is listed on the posting. If a name is not provided, please use a formal salutation. For example, To Whom It May Concern or Dear Hiring Manager.
- Read the requirements for the position and don’t apply unless you meet those requirements.
- Include an e-mail address and a phone number where you can be reached.
- Please leave a clear and professional message on your answering machine.
- Find out something about The Children's Aid Society before applying to work for us: this website will give you plenty of information!