Milbank Health Center Hours:
Monday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm*
Wednesday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday: 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm*
Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
*Tuesdays and Thursdays are teen clinic nights. We are open late to give teens the chance to come in after school and work, and we try to schedule and see exclusively teens on these nights.
- Preventive services, such as comprehensive physicals, reproductive health care, one-on-one health education, immunizations, health maintenance, sports, and camp physicals. All services are provided in an age appropriate manner. Preventive services include dental/oral history with a comprehensive “risk” assessment that includes smoking, drug use, depression, and risk behaviors.
- Care for minor, acute illnesses, such as upper respiratory and ear infections, acne, sexually transmitted diseases, and care for chronic illnesses such as asthma and diabetes.
- Basic laboratory tests, such as blood and urine screens, throat cultures, pregnancy tests, and tests for sexually transmitted diseases; and
- Medications, such as antibiotics, decongestants and antihistamines, non-narcotic pain medication, and bronchodilators.
Children's Aid's community dental clinics located at the Dunlevy Milbank and Bronx Centers, provide children with a full range of preventive, primary, and restorative care, including examinations, x-rays, prophylaxis, fluoride treatment, sealants, and basic endodontic work and extractions.
Mental Health Services
Contact: Barbara Smith, Milbank Mental Health Site Director
Trained mental health clinicians help children and families cope with the recognition and treatment of emotional disturbance, and with children’s behavioral disorders before they become intractable illnesses. For over 25 years, Children's Aid's Article 31 licensed clinics have provided children and family members with individual and family counseling, group therapy, emergency assessments and referrals, medication management and crisis intervention.
Contact: Sarah Binder, Health Educator
Milbank Health Center offers comprehensive and confidential Teen Health Services to youth ages 12-22. The staff and providers at our health centers love working with teens and young adults and create a safe atmosphere where adolescents feel comfortable seeking medical care and risk reduction strategies. We accept Medicaid and Medicaid managed care programs, but do not accept private insurance. Facilitated insurance enrollment is available on site. Family planning services are 100% confidential and include:
- Primary care, including annual physicals, care of illness, etc
- Birth control (hormonal birth control for females, condoms for males and females)
- Distribution of emergency contraception (Plan B or the Morning After Pill)
- Pregnancy testing
- Pregnancy options counseling
- Screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- HIV rapid testing and risk reduction counseling
- HPV vaccinations
- Individual health education
- Screening and enrollment in the Family Planning Benefit Program (a free and confidential insurance that covers all family planning services for qualifying males and females over the age of 12)
Teen Health Services also provides health education and outreach to CAS programs, community based organizations, and schools. Health Educators work with program coordinators to facilitate sessions that best meet the need of participants.
Health Care Access Program (HCAP)
Contact: Sabine Phineus, Facilitated Enroller
We provide on-site facilitated enrollment to all uninsured patients and community members during health center hours. Facilitated enrollers at our community-based settings assist families through the entire process from determination of which program they are eligible for, to collecting the required documentation, then helping them choose a managed care plan, and completing the application. Patients/families without health insurance coverage are regularly referred to one of our Facilitated Enrollers.
The Family Wellness Program (FWP) provides comprehensive services to parents and children who are affected by domestic violence or relationship abuse. Our goal is to help individuals and families that have experiences physical, emotional or other forms of abuse heal from the effects of abuse. This goal is the same whether family members have chosen to separate or remain together. While we have particular focus on supporting families involved in the child welfare system, we welcome any parent interested in developing healthier relationships for the sake of themselves, their children and their families.
FWP services are available at community sites in the South Bronx, Washington Heights, Central and East Harlem as we as our midtown office. To access services at any of these locations or for more information please call 212-503-6842
Services include but are not limited to case management and advocacy, individual and family therapy, intervention with abusive partners, women’s groups, Teens Against Relationship Abuse (T.A.R.A), children’s groups and parent support and education.
- Who We Serve
- What We Do
- Where It Happens
- Bronx Family Center
- CAS College Prep
- Community Schools
- Drew Hamilton Learning Center
- Dunlevy Milbank Center
- East Harlem Center
- Frederick Douglass Center
- Goodhue Center
- Hope Leadership Academy
- Next Generation Center
- Philip Coltoff Center
- Rhinelander Children's Center
- Taft Day Care Center
- Wagon Road Camp
To find out more, please call the center at (212) 996-1716.