Dear Potential Volunteer,
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at The Children’s Aid Society. We are thrilled about the possibility of you joining us. There are a few things that you should know before you get started.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Most of our Direct Service volunteer programs follow the school year calendar starting in October and ending in May. On occasion, however, there are other volunteer opportunities that do not follow this schedule.
- All volunteer opportunities at Children’s Aid are based upon the needs of our sites. As needs arise, whether they are one-time opportunities or whether they require a lengthier commitment, we begin our recruitment process by posting these opportunities on our Children’s Aid Volunteer Webpage under “Current Volunteer Projects”. Should you see something that interests you, click on the link, follow the prompts and we will connect in with you to help you through the next steps. Feel free to check back often to see if new opportunities catch your eye.
Prior to starting your volunteer experience, we require all potential volunteers to register and submit to our screening process which may include any or all of the following—depending upon the opportunity:
- Interview—in person or on the phone
- Online Volunteer Application
- Medical Clearance
- Once you have been cleared by both the site and the application process, you will be notified of your placement and will receive any additional information you may need to begin your volunteer experience.