As a potential volunteer we’d like to welcome you to the Children’s Aid family! We are thrilled about your role in helping us to advance our mission of helping children and families in NYC’s under-resourced neighborhoods succeed and thrive. There are a few things you should know before you get started.
- Prior to starting your volunteer experience, Children’s Aid requires all potential direct service volunteers to register and submit to our screening process, which can include any of the following, depending on the opportunity:
- Interview—in person or on the phone
- Online Volunteer Application
- Medical Clearance
- Volunteers must be 21 years of age or older
- Many, but not all, of our Direct Service Volunteer programs follow the school year calendar starting in October and ending in May.
- All volunteer opportunities with Children’s Aid are based on the needs of our program sites. As needs arise, whether one-time opportunities or those that require a longer commitment, we begin our recruitment process by posting these opportunities on the Children’s Aid Volunteer Services.
- Should you see an opportunity that interests you, please click on the link, follow the prompts and our Volunteer Services team will contact you to discuss next steps. Check back often to see which opportunities catch your eye!
- Once you have been cleared by both the program site and the application process, you will be notified of your placement and receive any additional information you may need to begin your volunteer experience.