Strengthening A Community Group
LET'S TALK SUSTAINABILITY
If your community groups is looking towards continuing its work into the future and discussed ways to make it happen, then you have begun the process of sustainability.
Sustainability = The ability to maintain the human, social and material resources needed to achieve your coalition’s long-term goals.
Community groups can sustain the outcomes of their work by strengthening three areas.
Organizational Capacity =
- Assures that members and their organizations maintain a formal committment to the group
Establishes supportive methods to secure resources and appropriate expertise from members and the community.
- Assures that the work of the group is going to adequately address the stated problem or concern of the community
Strategies that can be evaulated to ensure that the process can be imrpoved to increase its impact on the community
Community Support =
- Develops and nurtures positive relationships within the community
Identifies new leaders and champions from the community
- Encourages ownership of the group and its activitities by the community
"New Rochelle Focus" Uses Branding to Increase Community Support
- Who We Serve
- What We Do
- Where It Happens
- Bronx Family Center
- CAS College Prep
- Community Schools
- Drew Hamilton Learning Center
- Dunlevy Milbank Center
- East Harlem Center
- Frederick Douglass Center
- Goodhue Center
- Hope Leadership Academy
- Next Generation Center
- Philip Coltoff Center
- Rhinelander Children's Center
- Taft Day Care Center
- Wagon Road Camp