Adult Acting 1: Improv & Monologues
Two and a half hour Class, Adults Only, with Stephen Michael Rondel $425
This introduction to acting covers various theatrical traditions, exercises and methods. Class focus is on individual style, creative characterizations, concentration, ensemble work and theater games. A great class for beginners or for experienced actors who wish to further hone their skills. Students present a monologue in our Equity Showcase Theater for an invited audience at semester’s end that demonstrates their talents.
MONDAYS 7-9:30 p.m.
- Come out of yourself and into the world of the actor
- Release a non-judgmental mind, build confidence and find strength in others
- Learn acting techniques through exploration, observation and participation
- Develop your own unique style
- Learn basic acting techniques and vocabulary from various theatrical traditions and methods
- Techniques to conquer theatrical anxieties/stage fright, vocal and physical tension in a positive learning environment
- Be spontaneous through improvisation
- Work within a fixed text and yet, make words emanate from self
- Present a monologue for an invited audience