Pedro Noguera, Geoffrey Canada, Merryl Tisch, Ralph Smith to Speak at CAS Community Schools Practicum
CAS Community Schools Practicum 2011
Every School a Community School: Focus on Results
A focus on results will frame The Children's Aid Society's Ninth Community Schools Practicum, to be held October 26-28, 2011 in New York City. Invited participants will have an opportunity to learn about the results from community school evaluations across the country and to explore some of the challenges faced by leaders in the field as they seek to document the impact of their efforts.
Joining the conversations will be several leaders from the education, health, policy, research and philanthropic sectors, including:
- Marty Blank, Coaltition for Community Schools
- Geoffrey Canada, Harlem Children's Zone
- Hedy Chang, Attendance Works
- John Easton, US Department of Education
- Linda Juszczak, National Assembly on School-Based Health Care
- David Kirp, UC Berkeley
- Pedro Noguera, New York University
- Ralph Smith, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Merryl Tisch, New York State Board of Regents
Additionally, invited participants will engage recent research from Boston, Cincinnati, Evansville, Hartford, Montreal, Portland, Tulsa and Communities in Schools; and delve into some of the technical issues related to achieving and documenting results.
Learn more about the Practicum here.