Children’s Aid Announces 2011 Community Schools Fundamentals Conference
The Children's Aid Society's National Center for Community Schools is pleased to announce the Community Schools Fundamentals Conference, a two-day seminar designed specifically for those new or relatively new to community schools. The Fundamentals Conference will share The Children's Aid Society's lessons learned from almost 20 years of implementation in New York City and 17 years of nationwide capacity-building. In addition to conducting a study visit to a mature CAS community school, participants will learn about the foundations and the "nuts and bolts" of the strategy, including:
- The CAS Developmental Triangle
- Principles of Effective Partnerships
- The Four Capacities: Comprehensiveness, Collaboration, Coherence and Commitment
- Stages of Development in a Community School
- Needs Assessments and Implementation Planning
- Elements of Systemic Community School Initiatives
- And much, much more!
Join us in New York City in October for this exciting opportunity to deepen your understanding of community schools and network with other school and community leaders from across the country!