Shoppers Help Children in Need When They Buy Gifts at Miracle on Madison Avenue, Presented by BNY Mellon
Tamara Tunie of 'Law & Order: SVU' to Kick Off Annual Charity Shopping Event
Noon, Sunday, December 5, 2010
Madison Avenue and 64th Street
- Tamara Tunie, actress, Law & Order: SVU and Chair of Event
- John Liu, New York City Comptroller
- Robert Kelly, Chairman and CEO, BNY Mellon
- Richard Buery, President and CEO, The Children’s Aid Society
- Mark Edmiston, Board Chairman, The Children’s Aid Society
- Matthew Bauer, President, Madison Avenue BID
12:15 p.m. – Presentation of “The Miracle LYSST Curated by Lyss Stern of Divalysscious Moms,” a holiday gift giving guide of items available on the Avenue.
Madison Avenue between 57th and 86th Streets
Noon – 5:00 p.m.
The Children’s Aid Society’s Miracle on Madison Avenue, presented by BNY Mellon, is the annual charity shopping event that brings together leading luxury retailers on New York’s famed Madison Avenue in support of New York City’s children in need.
Approximately 80 participating retailers on Madison Avenue will donate 20 percent of the day’s sales to The Children’s Aid Society’s health care programs. This year marks the 24th anniversary of Miracle, a true New York City holiday tradition.
Madison Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic from 63rd to 65th Streets, the only day of the year that the avenue is closed. A bandstand at 64th Street will feature musical performances: