Whether at school or at home, try this healthy snack recipe from the Go!Kids Health and Fitness Programs
Click here to download a PDF of the Granola Parfaits recipe.
Yields 6 cups
4 cup rolled oats
½ cup unsweetened dried apples, cut in small pieces
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup real maple syrup
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Zest of ½ orange and 1 lemon
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, dried fruit and seeds and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, zest, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Pour wet mixture over oats and mix until all ingredients are well coated. Spread mixture in one layer on two cookie sheets. Bake in pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes, stirring twice throughout the cooking. Be careful not to overcook—the oats should be light brown and still a bit wet when they come out of the oven but they will crisp up while cooling.
- Let granola cool. (It can be eaten once it is cooled, or stored in an airtight container for up to 3 months.)