Frozen Banana Pops
Whether at school or at home, try this healthy snack recipe from the Go!Kids Health and Fitness Programs
Click here to download a PDF of the Frozen Banana Pops recipe.
Serves 16 for snack
8 large ripe bananas
3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
2 cups granola, rice krispies, crushed corn flakes or crushed graham crackers
16 Popsicle sticks
- Cover a tray with parchment or wax paper.
- Put yogurt and granola or cereal on separate plates.
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half crosswise. Insert popsicle sticks into then cut ends of the bananas.
- Dip one banana pop in yogurt until it is evenly but thinly coated. Then roll pop in granola or cereal until it is covered with it. Repeat with rest of banana pops.
- Place the coated banana pops on prepared sheet tray. Put tray in the freezer until bananas are firm, at least 1 hour but preferably more. Then serve.