One of the many opportunities that Hope Leadership Academy offers teens, is the chance to give back to the greater community. Throughout the year, Hope hosts various community service events. Some examples of the types of community service we provided this past year are:
- A Thanksgiving meal prepared by and brought to a woman’s shelter by our teens
- A "primp and pamper" event for residents from a nearby women's shelter
- Wedding and mulching at a community garden in the Bronx
- A meal prepared by our teens for the TAFT seniors center in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- A large event for women in honor of Mother’s Day with giftbags and food for women in the community
The teens at Hope are given the tools to lead these events on their own, and they have achieved a great deal of success as a result of their dedication and commitment.
This year in Keystone club, students will continue to develop community service projects of their own.
Keystone is available to all members of Hope Leadership Academy
Keystone Club meets on Wednesdays at 6:30pm.
- Who We Serve
- What We Do
- Where It Happens