What the Program Includes
The CAS Go!Kids materials include the following:
- 24 weekly lessons, with daily activities to complement each lesson
- 12 classroom-based cooking lessons and recipes ranging from beginner to intermediate. All recipes are based on fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains.
Materials for parents. These are provided both in hard copy in the manual and on the included CD-rom so that materials can be printed out as needed at your school.
- Introduction to CAS Go!Kids for parents
- Monthly newsletters for parents
- Home Connection activities
- Teachers’ Guide to Obesity Prevention -- a manual for teachers on obesity prevention with tips for healthy eating and living
- Checklists of tools and props to use in teaching lessons and conducting cooking activities
- An overview of how to use the 24-week program In addition to the above materials, the CAS Go!Kids curriculum is designed to take advantage of books and supplies that are preschool staples.
The suggested books are standard preschool classics, and you likely have many of them on hand. However, your teachers can substitute similar books for those we suggest.
One popular CD is suggested, or the individual songs can be downloaded from the internet.
Lists are provided for the basic and intermediary recipes.
The Tools Checklists are shown in the Sample Materials menu option.
- Who We Serve
- What We Do
- Adoption & Foster Care
- After School & Weekend
- College Savers Program
- Early Childhood
- Family Support
- Health Services
- Juvenile Justice
- Pregnancy Prevention
- Prevention Resource Center
- Public Policy
- Special Initiatives
- Sports & Recreation
- Take Action
- Volunteer Services
- Youth Development
- Where It Happens