The Head Start program offers child-focused programs designed to prepare young children for elementary school. The daily program provides a range of individualized services in the following areas:
- Education and early childhood development
- Medical, dental and mental health
- Parent involvement
The program is responsive and appropriate to each child's and family's developmental, ethnic, cultural and linguistic heritage and experience.
- Family services.
- Services to children with special needs.
- Individualized teaching.
- Meals and snacks served in a family-style setting.
- Computers in every classroom.
- Large playground and gymnasium.
- Se habla Espanol.
7:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sessions run from the 1st Tuesday in September to the 3rd Friday in August.
Please call Frederick Douglass Head Start (212) 865-6337. Register for Frederick Douglass Head Start.
- Who We Serve
- What We Do
- Where It Happens
- Bronx Family Center
- CAS College Prep
- Community Schools
- Drew Hamilton Learning Center
- Dunlevy Milbank Center
- East Harlem Center
- Frederick Douglass Center
- Goodhue Center
- Hope Leadership Academy
- Next Generation Center
- Philip Coltoff Center
- Rhinelander Children's Center
- Taft Day Care Center
- Wagon Road Camp