The Children’s Aid Society East Harlem Center Bridge (pre-adolescent) program provides middle school youth (ages 11-14) with a diverse range of activities and services focused on the social, physical, emotional, cognitive and academic development of middle school age children. Bridge youth attend both special, age appropriate after-school programming (3 – 6 p.m.) as well as attend special activities at night during teen program hours (6-8 p.m.) to foster confidence in transitioning to evening programming and interacting with older adolescent youth. Our goal is to assist middle school youth in a healthy transition to adolescence and teen programming.
- Personal development groups
- Homework tutorial program
- PAS: Literacy activities and project-based learning groups
- Project LIVE Community Program
- TARA Workshops: Teenagers Against Relationship Abuse
- Cultural arts: dance, drama and musical workshops
- Computer instruction
- Health, nutrition and cooking
- Sports and recreation
- Nutritious meal or snack served daily
Hours of Operation:
Bridge after-school: Monday – Friday 3-6 p.m.
Bridge Evening: Monday – Friday 6-8 p.m.
Requirements for Admission:
- Children must be between the ages of 11 and 14.
- Completed Bridge and OST Applications.
- Current physical examination.
- Who We Serve
- What We Do
- Where It Happens
- Bronx Family Center
- CAS College Prep
- Community Schools
- Drew Hamilton Learning Center
- Dunlevy Milbank Center
- East Harlem Center
- Frederick Douglass Center
- Goodhue Center
- Hope Leadership Academy
- Next Generation Center
- Philip Coltoff Center
- Rhinelander Children's Center
- Taft Day Care Center
- Wagon Road Camp