Early Head Start Educational Components
Philosophy & Tools
Our philosophy of learning is based on The Creative Curriculum for Infants and Toddlers as well as a variety of books about child development theories from birth to three.
- Screening Tools: “Ages & Stages Questionnaires®” plus the “Ages & Stages Questionnaires®: Social-Emotional.”
- Assessment Tool: “The Ounce Scale”
- The Family Album is a keepsake or memory book of the child’s developmental accomplishments and it is the parents' to keep.
Three curriculums are integrated into the EHS program in order to support pregnant mothers.
1. “Comenzando Bien” The Comenzando Bien is a prenatal education program for Hispanic Women by the March of Dimes. The program includes eight sessions in which participants learn about:
- The importance of a healthy pregnancy
- The advantages of prenatal care
- The prenatal care visit
- Nutrition during pregnancy
- Physical stress during pregnancy
- Nurturing relationships
- Labor & delivery options
2. “Partners for Healthy Baby: Home Visiting Curriculum for Expectant Families” by Florida State University and Early Intervention Policy.
3. "Promoting Maternal Mental Health During Pregnancy" by JoAnne Solchany RN, PhD.
- Home visits & socialization
- Inclusive & nurturing environment
- Special needs services
- Promoting positive learning experiences
- Developmental & age appropriate curriculum, activities & play