Gifts of Stock

Email Twitter Facebook Stumble Upon Digg | More |

Appreciated stock or mutual fund shares can make an excellent and tax-wise gift to Children's Aid.


To receive our thanks for your generosity and a proper acknowledgment for your tax return, please provide us with your contact information. You can call Patricia Landry, Director of Development Operations, with this information at (212) 949-4940, or fax the information to (212)477-3705, or mail our Stock Gift Form to:

The Children's Aid Society
711 Third Avenue
Suite 700
New York, NY 10017
Attn: Patricia Landry
Director of Development Operations

Please provide:

  • Your name and address,
  • Name and number of securities being transferred,
  • Date of transfer,
  • Delivering brokerage firm,
  • Specific program where your funds are to be used, if other than general operating purposes.

Electronic Transfer of Shares

Effective March 1, 2010 - Children's Aid Society - New Stock Delivery Account
Electronic transfer of shares is the safest and most expedient method of transferring shares to The Children's Aid Society. Please provide the following information to your broker:

Bank: BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC
Attn: Jorja Watts, (412) 234-0439
DTC Number: 0443 Pershing LLC
Account Name: The Children's Aid Society (Tax ID #13-5562191)
Account Number: N7M100137
Important: Please Provide Donor Name(s)

Mutual Fund Shares

If your mutual fund company requires Children's Aid to establish an account in order to facilitate a share transfer, please notify us by email or phone at (212) 949-4937.

Physical Delivery of Shares

If you would prefer to deliver physical shares to The Children's Aid Society, please send your unendorsed share certificate(s) and a signed stock power (mail certificates and stock power in separate envelopes) by registered mail or traceable delivery service to:

The Children's Aid Society
711 Third Avenue
Suite 700
New York, NY 10017
Attn: Director of Planned Giving

You may use the Stock Gift Form to mail with your certificate(s).