Social Worker/ Therapist
Under the direction of the Mental Health Services Director or his/her designee, within a co-located Article 28 and NYS Article 31 licensed mental health clinic, provides mental health services to children, adolescents and their families living in foster care and in the community, using various social work methods, including individual, group and family counseling. These functions are performed under general supervision, necessitating the ability to exercise independent and sound judgment.
• Assesses the social and emotional needs of patients.
• Works with children’s families as they are an essential part of treatment
• Develops and implements treatment plans in collaboration with the client and with professional staff involved in the client’s care.
• Provides ongoing therapy using the modalities that are most appropriate to the clients' needs following appropriate regulatory agency guidelines ( NYS OMH, DOHM, OCFS)
• Updates and maintain case records.
• Attends clinical meetings when possible.
• Ensures that all patients, visitors, guests, as well as co-workers, receive personalized, prompt attention and are treated with receptiveness, dignity and respect, no matter how limited the contact.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master's Degree in Social Work with New York State License ( LMSW or LCSW)
• Fully Bilingual (Spanish/English), must be able to conduct assessments and treatment in Spanish
• Basic knowledge of DSM-IV, mental status and psychosocial assessments.
• Experience in providing mental health services to children and adolescents who have experienced trauma preferred.
• Ability to work effectively with adolescents, families, professionals and other personnel from a wide range of cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
• Knowledge of ACS/OMH regulations a plus.
• Good engagement skills, assessment, crisis intervention skills.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer