Part Time Security Aide
The Next Generation Center (NGC) is a one-stop center designed to support young people, ages 14-24, as they prepare for and transition to adulthood and independence. The mission of NGC is to help high-risk young people change the trajectories of their lives through transformational relationships, stage-based employment programming and strong partnerships with other youth-serving institutions.
NGC is a community-based center in the Morrisania section of the Bronx (Community District 3) with a service delivery and program approach designed to support the needs of youth in foster care and those who have aged out of foster care as well as those involved in the Juvenile Justice System. The center’s program strategy, life coaching model and organizational culture are informed and shaped by our core values of Safety, Care, Connection, Leadership and Growth. We offer individual life coaching, job readiness training and subsidized internships, educational guidance and advocacy, legal counseling, housing assistance, and life skills, creative and visual arts, multimedia, fitness and recreational programming.
• Ensure the safety and security of youth and staff at the Next Generation Center by monitoring who enters and exits the center, paying attention to potential issues, and making hourly rounds;
• Participate in conflict resolution utilizing Restorative Practices to resolve incidents between NGC members as well as members and staff;
• Participate in organizing center events and activities as needed;
• Provide staff support, as needed;
• Participate in staff meetings and trainings, when appropriate.
• Desire to work with disconnected youth population;
• Ability to make sound judgments and act appropriately in critical situations;
• Ability to work as a member of a team;
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer