Real Estate Development Manager
THE CHILDREN’S AID SOCIETY OF NEW YORK CITY (CAS) seeks a highly-motivated, results-oriented project manager with real estate development experience to coordinate and oversee all aspects of the acquisition, development and financing for a permanent home for the Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School (CACPCS). The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, working closely with CAS and CACPCS staff as well as external partners to ensure that a new charter school building is ready for occupancy by August, 2015.
The mission of The Children’s Aid Society (CAS) is to help children in poverty to succeed and thrive. Our goal is to help children realize the American dream by escaping from poverty. We do this by providing comprehensive supports to children and their families in targeted high-need New York City neighborhoods. For 160 years, we have been at the forefront of innovative programs for children. Each year, we touch the lives of over 70,000 children and families through an unparalleled breadth and depth of services. With an annual budget of over $100 million and 2,000 staff, CAS is one of the largest social service providers in both NYC and the nation.
The CAS Charter School Building Project Development Managerwill report directly to the CAS Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Primary responsibilities will include:
• Internal project management involving all CAS and charter school team members; management and coordination of all external partners;
• Understanding charter school program requirements, and coordinating the site selection process;
• Researching, analyzing, recommending and implementing necessary structures for acquiring property control and financing development;
• Monitoring all phases of design, construction/renovation and outfitting, once a site has been selected and control acquired;
• Review of financial models and options, structures of ownership and control;
• Support for the selection of key project partners such as architect, builder, legal advisers, financing entities, and other professional services necessary to complete this project;
• Monitoring project budget, ensuring timely completion of project deliverables in line with program requirements and budget;
• Identification and resolution of project risks and challenges as they emerge.
Minimum Requirements For Potential Candidates:
• Five years of progressive responsibility in project management in the real estate field, including acquisition, development, financing and strategic analysis.
• Expertise in industry standard methods and practices; excellent business contacts in the New York City real estate market, and in the area of charter school development and financing.
• Proven communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal).
• Demonstrated capability to plan, manage and control complex, multi-stakeholder projects.
• Strong interpersonal/partnership skills; self-starter who can deliver results.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer