The Psychiatrist is responsible for psychiatric evaluations and medication management in our Community and School Based Mental Health Programs. This position requires a physician who is licensed to practice medicine in NYS, and who is Board Eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
• Provides direct patient care: initial psychiatric evaluations, diagnostic evaluations, medication evaluations and management.
• Reviews medical history, orders laboratory tests and reviews results.
• Responsible for emergency evaluations to detect and diagnose mental disorders as needed.
• Reviews and signs off on treatment plans generated by Social Workers.
• Provides consultation to mental staff on psychiatric diagnosis and /or management issues.
• Provides psycho-education to parents/ caregivers and children regarding medication and possible side effects.
• Complies with OMH Part 599 regulations.
• Performs other related duties as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Doctor of Medicine, with an approved residency in psychiatry
• Completed approved child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship training program.
• Additional five or more years of experience in a post residency clinical and community oriented health care environment.
• Current New York State license and current DEA registration.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted