Pediatrician- Community Health Center
Under the general supervision of the Medical Director, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the Pediatrician is responsible for the medical care program for children from birth through adolescence to aid in mental and physical growth and development: examines patients to determine presence of disease and to establish preventive health practices; determines nature and extent of disease or injury; prescribes and administers medications and immunizations; and performs a variety of medical duties.
• Provides comprehensive primary care to children and adolescents
• Collaborates with nurse practitioners, physician assistants, social workers, nurses and health educators in the provision of care
• Makes referrals to qualified specialists
• Maintains the medical record
• Participates in quality improvement activities
• Participates in the 24 hour on-call system
• Performs other related duties, as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Doctor of Medicine from an accredited university
• Graduate of an accredited Pediatric Residency Program
• licensed to practice medicine in New York State
• Work effectively and enthusiastically with children, adolescents, adults, families, professionals and persons from a wide range of cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
• Must have 2-3 years' experience working in a medical office/clinic.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer