Part Time Kitchen Supervisor
Part Time Kitchen Supervisor: $20/hour
Setting: Our foodservice program, Go! Healthy Menu, features foods that are prepared from scratch and focused on fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Menus cycles change three times each year with the seasons, and cooks are supported with trainings. Through education and exposure to delicious, nutritious foods, Children’s Aid hopes to encourage children to make positive and healthy choices. This job is located at Wagon Road Camp in Chappaqua, NY(Northern Westchester). The program serves children, youth & adults. Programming during the academic year is sporadic weekday and weekend programming. Groups come day and overnight programming, and the children can be special needs or mainstream.
The Part Time Kitchen Supervisor is responsible providing the food service for the individual program as needed. The programs range one-day programs where only lunch is served to three day programs where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served. Meal amounts ranged from 25 meals to 200 meals.
Specific Duties are:
• Manage staff assigned the program. Depending on the size of the program, there may be up to 2 Kitchen Aides.
• Plan menu in accordance with Children’s Aid Meal Plan
• Attend Children’s Aid Society cooking and nutrition trainings, as well as CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program) trainings
• Complete paperwork required: production reports as needed.
• Provide Wagon Road Business Manager with food orders for programs.
• Set up the Dining Hall for the meals.
• Set up the morning & afternoon snack each day
• Monitor the meals and provide additional food as needed
• Prepare special meals for campers with special dietary needs.
• Clean up the Dining Hall.
• Manage inventory to rotate stock, and use up foods prior to expiration.
• Keep Kitchen clean and orderly
• Dispose of all garbage and recycling in proper dumpsters.
• Demonstrated ability to read and follow recipes, and to prepare foods from scratch;
• Excellent cooking skills ;
• Experience managing a foodservice program and a kitchen, including ordering food
• Interest in and some knowledge of healthy eating;
• Certification: Department of Health Food Handler’s License or Serve safe;
• Familiarity with CACFP nutrition guidelines is considered a plus.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer