In collaboration with a physician, delivers reproductive and school health care to patients and fulfills such duties as assessment, planning, teaching and counseling. The practitioner functions as a health team member in meeting the objectives ofthe program in the high school CATCH program.
• Implements philosophy and objectives of program.
• Works cooperatively with program, administrative staff and collaborating physician.
• Establishes a data base of information about pediatric patients by obtaining health, sexual and reproductive, and developmental histories; conducts basic periodic physical assessments; orders appropriate screening and/or routine diagnostic tests; and records findings in a systematic and accurate form.
• Assesses the status of the patient by discriminating between normal and abnormal physical findings and recognizes deviations from normal growth and development.
• Provides treatment for minor illnesses and accidents either in consultation with a collaborating physician or according to established protocol.
• Makes comprehensive assessments and decisions, and plans care.
• Functions independently and recognizes when a collaborative consultation is appropriate.
• Provides outpatient follow-up treatment by encouraging families to call when they have concerns, and provides appropriate phone management with regard to these concerns. Follows up on emergency, clinic and hospital visits and referrals, as appropriate.
• Assumes responsibility for daily management of school health activities.
• Maintains up-to-date legible medical records and fills out required statistical forms.
• Is competent to care for patients based upon the age groups treated.
• Contributes to the periodic review and modification of Medical Protocols.
• Continues to update personal knowledge, both formally and informally, in order to provide current information and appropriate care to patients.
• Ensures that all patients, visitors and coworkers receive personalized prompt attention and are treated with dignity and respect.
• Performs other related duties as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited university preferred.
• Certified as a Nurse Practitioner for specialty
• Current license to practice professional nursing and as a nurse practitioner in the State of New York.
• Continuing Education Unit Accreditation Maintenance.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
• Works effectively and enthusiastically with children and adolescents, families, professionals and other personnel from a wide range of cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer