Music Instructor - Woodwind/ Brass
We are seeking an experienced, creative, and highly energetic person to work as a Music Instructor at our after-school-program. Under the supervision of the School-age Coordinator, the Music Instructor will be responsible for teaching school-age children introductory level material during the program cycle. The specialist is expected to prepare the children for a performance throught the program year.
• Develop course curriculum
• Help students present end-of- quarter dance performance
• Teach general music instruction to students in creative ways
• Ensure safety and well-being of students
• Attend mandated staff meetings
• Request supplies and equipment needed for activities
• Maintain proper care of supplies and equipment
• Adhere to policy and procedures of CAS Dunlevy Milbank Center
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music or Music Education
• Applicants must be responsible, dependable and have minimum of 2 years experience teaching children and youth
• Strong ability to make music engaging for youth of all ability levels
• Creative approach to teaching Music
• Write playable arrangements for beginner and intermediate level ensembles
• Dynamic personality; able to relate to youth 5-13 years old
• Must have experience in wind/brass instruments flute, clarinet, trumpet, saxophone, and recorder.
• Position requires good organizational and planning skills, high creativity and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Basic piano skills are a plus to help accompany class with recitals
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer