Under the general supervision of the Health Service Coordinator and the medical providers, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, assists practitioners in rendering patient care during clinic visits by performing routine technical and clerical tasks. This is a technical position with no supervisory responsibilities.
• Greets patients, observes their condition and routes them to the provider (in accordance with Guidelines for Screening Patients -- see attached).
• Ensures that all patients, visitors and guests, as well as co-workers, receive personalized prompt attention and that they are treated with dignity and respect, and with the utmost confidentiality.
• Brings acutely ill patients to the practitioner’s attention immediately.
• Assesses and records a patient’s vital signs according to specified patient treatment.
• Performs venipuncture and other office laboratory tests (urine dip stick, rapid strep test and pregnancy test).
• Performs or assists with irrigations, dressings and first aid, providing medication and other appropriate procedures.
• Assists practitioner in examining patients by preparing patients, assisting with bandages and instruments, and the handling of specimens and cultures.
• Acts as a patient advocate. Translates when necessary.
• Maintains medical records and makes patient appointments.
• Maintains examination room, making sure it is clean and equipped with all the necessary supplies.
• Is competent to care for patients based upon the age groups treated.P:\Personnel Related\Medical Assistant - School Based Health Services.doc
• Assists with clinic’s clerical duties (billing, reviewing encounters for completeness).
• Completes all appropriate sections of medical forms and fills out other medical record forms as necessary.
• Is responsible for maintaining and filling out required logs and statistical forms.
• Maintains an inventory of medical supplies and submits purchases to appropriate person.
• Performs other related duties, as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
• Works effectively and enthusiastically with children, adolescents, families and individuals from a wide range of cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Associate Program.
• Certification as a medical assistant a plus.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer