The Children’s Aid Society East Harlem Center is a multi service community based center offering services that address the diverse and changing needs of children and families of the East Harlem Community for over 50 years. The East Harlem Center offers the highest quality of services from early childhood programming in Head-Start, to After-School & Bridge Programs, Adolescent Services/Teen Programming, Educational & Career Readiness, and Computer Classes. Our goal is to provide quality services to all the children and families. We achieve this with a highly dedicated, qualified and diverse staff that fosters in youth: High Expectations, Positive Relationships, Positive Self Image & Esteem, Promotion of Healthy Life Styles and Physical Well Being, Strengthened Academic Skills, Development of Interests & Creativity, as well as Respect for Diversity. The East Harlem Center takes responsibility for helping children successfully graduate college while they progress through each developmental stage while incorporating opportunities for personal growth in all areas that are essential to become A Happy, Healthy & Productive Adult. Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Maintenance team is responsible for maintaining the building and grounds of the Center. Additionally, the Maintenance staff is required to obtain the S95 Certificate of Fitness for the supervision of fire alarm systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cleans bathrooms, offices, hallways and any other assigned areas by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and polishing.
• Empties and decontaminates trash containers.
• Disposes of infectious waste when assigned.
• Moves, rearranges and dusts furniture and fixtures.
• Mixes or blends routine cleaning solutions to proper concentrations as necessary for various tasks.
• Cleans and waxes floors using industrial-size mops and/or machines.
• Strips and polishes floors using buffing machines.
• Washes blinds, windows, and walls with prescribed solutions.
• Sweeps sidewalks, porches and tiled surfaces.
• Operates wet/dry vacuum for cleaning and shampooing carpeted areas.
• Maintains equipment; reports needs for painting and minor building or equipment repair to supervisor.
• Replaces light bulbs and/or reports safety hazards to supervisor.
• Cuts grass, trims shrubs, waters plants and performs other related duties on the grounds when assigned.
• Performs custodial related duties necessary to maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions.
• Performs many varied custodial tasks necessary for the upkeep of buildings and grounds, which includes painting and other related tasks.
• Notify supervisor when leaving the building to perform task or go on break.
• Obtain F90 Interior fire alarm license and operate the fire alarm system.
• Unload supplies from delivery trucks when necessary.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION
• High School Diploma/GED
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• 2 Years of Previous Maintenance Experience
• Good Command of English Language, Bilingual/English Spanish +
• Management Skills
• Ability to learn new task
• Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to operate a stripping and buffing machine
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Good Physical Health
• Ability to Travel
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer