Intake Worker: $17/hour Part Time:
Setting: The Children's Aid Society runs a respite program in Chappaqua, NY
that serves children and teens ages 7-17 with developmental disabilities. These children and teens come from Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Westchester. The children and teens come to the camp for overnights that are offered on weekends and holiday weeks during the year, and one week during the summer. The camp provides 24 hour child care and activities while they are in residence. The program is offered 32 days/year.
Intake Worker is responsible to conduct intakes with new applicants to the Respite program. The worker reviews applications, collects and manages documentation, makes home visits to assess the candidates, and completes the enrollment using CHOICES program.
The Intake Worker is responsible to fulfill the following duties:
• Review each application
• Collect all the required documentation: psychological, Notice of Decision, Individual Service Plans, IEPs, etc.
• Review all the supporting documents in light of the services provided to make recommendations regarding the appropriateness of the applicant for our services.
• Maintain files on each intake and track each document’s expiration date.
• Confer with Medicaid Service Coordinators regarding the status of the applications and enlist aid in obtaining documents.
• Contact the families to inform them of the status of their application and the documents needed to complete their application.
• Set up and complete a home visit with the family and the child to assess the individual’s appropriateness for the setting.
• Complete the enrollment through the use of CHOICES.
• Complete other documents necessary for intake and Medicaid Waiver approval.
• Attend trainings necessary to complete the intake: use of CHOICES; other training to better understand the consumers of respite services.
• The Intake Worker is supervised by the Respite Program Director
• BA or BS in Human Services or Related Field
• 3 years experience with children who have developmental disabilities
• Bi-lingual: Spanish
Please upload a cover letter and resume below
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer