• Work with assigned clients and their CAS social worker to ensure that the necessary household and child care tasks are implemented and consistent with the client’s goals.
• Work with clients to understand what role each family member will play in the carrying out of the above tasks.
• Provide household management and child care as indicated, including escort services.
• Provide training and role modeling for caregivers.
• Provide support and assistance for management of health issues.
• Observe interactions of family members and their response to the service provided.
• Communicate with CAS social worker or supervisor as to the client’s progress, current functioning and ongoing need for service via both written and telephone reports.
• Timely submission of documentation for hours worked and petty cash receipts.
• USA Employment Eligible.
• Home Care Certificate which includes: Universal Precautions Training.
• Elementary education or better.
• Ability to read, write and speak English.
• Sound physical and mental health.
• Sensitivity, respect and love, good child care skills.
• Ability to work with parents of all racial, ethnic and economic backgrounds.
• Basic awareness of the impact of HIV/AIDS on families and comfort in working with these families.
• Receptive to participating in CAS/AIDS training program.
• Good household management.
• Flexibility and adaptability to meet all family situations.
• Ability to stay calm and use good common sense in a crisis.
• Ability to accept the care of a family in the absence of a parent.
• Understanding and respect for each family’s right to confidentiality.
• Availability by telephone.
• Successful screening for job history, State Central Registry, drug and health history.
• Ability to accept supervision by a social worker and be able to work for an agency program with its many policies and guidelines.
• Satisfactory personal references that document stability and maturity appropriate for the job.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer