Health Educator - WISE2
Under the supervision of the WISE2 Program Coordinator, provides outreach and health education to children, adolescents and adults.
Illustrative Examples of Work*
• Provides individual counseling services (sexual decision-making, growth and development, pregnancy prevention, STI’s and HIV pre and post test counseling) to youth in CAS program sites (community schools and youth centers) and other school and community-based settings.
• Conducts evidence-based health education sessions/groups to youth and parents at CAS, DOE and other CBO program sites.
• Develops and implements workshops for community out-reach purposes, as directed.
• Participates in the process of developing, obtaining, evaluating and maintaining written and audio-visual health education materials as required by program.
• Documents all group/workshops and individual counseling services, as requested by the Project Manager.
• Offers and arranges for family planning services at CAS Health Centers for youth at program sites. Provides transportation as needed.
• Participates as part of a team with other staff to provide quality patient care.
• Attends training sessions conducted by other agencies in order to develop skills and knowledge required of an educator in a CAS program.
• Contributes to program planning and evaluation by maintaining up-to-date records and filling out required statistical forms.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience*
• Bachelor's Degree in Community Health Education, Public Health, or related discipline.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Please upload a cover letter specifying which position you are interested in and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer