The Children’s Aid Society’s Go!Chefs program is seeking dynamic instructors to lead summer camp garden programs for elementary students in Harlem and the South Bronx.
Go!Chefs is our hands-on cooking, nutrition education and gardening curricula for young people. Since 2005, Go!Chefs has introduced youth to the pleasures of growing, preparing and enjoying "real food" that is both nutritious and delicious - an essential step toward health and well-being. Our core goals are for children to embrace fresh fruit and vegetables, increase their food literacy, and build skills and self-sufficiency in the kitchen and garden.
Garden teachers will work 2-4 days per week and must be available for training at the end of June and for the entire summer session, July 8-August 23.
• Effectively implementing our curriculum, which includes gardening, plant science, journaling, and tastings
• Collaborating creatively with Go!Chefs cooking teachers
• Communicating with site directors about program progress and needs
• Managing all aspects of garden maintenance, and
• Reporting to the Garden Coordinator
Candidate must be:
• A dynamic teacher with significant teaching experience with elementary aged students and a solid knowledge of gardening and plant science
• Highly organized and able to work independently
• Energetic and self-motivated
• Extremely reliable
• Good communicator
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer