FFT Therapist- Bronx
FFT THERAPIST – FAMILY AND YOUTH INTERVENTION SERVICES
The Children’s Aid Society is seeking qualified social service professionals to fill positions in our Functional Family Therapy (FFT) Programs in the Bronx and Brooklyn. The FFT Program is one of three distinct time limited treatment programs in our Family and Youth Intervention continuum of services (formerly PINS Diversion Services) in the boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island and the Bronx. These programs will provide short term, intensive, home/community-based therapeutic preventive services to adolescents and their families who have sought FAP/PINS intervention to address the youth’s problematic behaviors.
FFT is a clinical, evidence-based intensive family treatment model of 4-month duration that focuses on the multiple domains of client experiences (cognitive, emotional and behavioral) and their impact on the relationship between the adolescent and the family. It is comprised of three distinct phases of service delivery, thereby allowing the therapist to maintain fidelity to the model by focusing on the relational context of the family disruption. FFT is exclusively home-based and works primarily with the family unit. This model serves adolescents between the ages of 11 and 18 and their families by targeting the factors in the family interactions/relationships that are contributing to the negative behaviors.
FFT Therapists will carry a caseload of up to ten families. Training and ongoing clinical supervision in the FFT model will be provided by an FFT Lead Therapist who also services as an administrative supervisor. Minimum requirements are a MSW or MA in a related field with experience working with adolescents and families in a child welfare, mental health or juvenile justice setting. Appropriate candidates must possess the ability and willingness to meet with their assigned families in their home. Candidates must also be flexible to work early mornings and on evenings as needed to meet clients’ availability. Bi-lingual, bi-cultural therapists who are fluent in Spanish are preferred. FFT Therapists will be required to comply with and demonstrate fidelity to FFT model and its policies, procedures and accountability as well as those of the Administration of Children’s Services (ACS).
• Master’s degree in social work (MSW) or a MA in a related field;
• Experience working with adolescents and families in a child welfare, mental health or juvenile justice setting.
• Willingness to learn and work within the Functional Family Therapy (FFT) philosophy and model;
• Ability and willingness to work with families and teens in the home, school and other appropriate settings in the community
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and some weekends;
• Ability to work independently, as well as contribute to a team;
• Strong clinical skills and very good interpersonal/communication skills;
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus;
• Flexibility, and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Computer literate.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer