FFT Therapist (Bi-Lingual)
SOCIAL WORKER- Bi-Lingual FFT THERAPIST - STATEN ISLAND FAMILY YOUTH INTERVENTION PROGRAM
• Master’s degree in social work or related degree eligible for NYS licensure with some experience in child and family services
• Ability and willingness to work with families in their own homes.
• Flexibility to work when the families are available to meet.
• Ability to work independently, as well as contribute to a team.
• Very good interpersonal/communication skills.
• Strong clinical skills.
• Ability to internalize and work within the Functional Family Therapy philosophy and model.
• Ability to work with adolescents.
• Ability to work with respect for cultural diversity.
• Ability to engage families who may not want the service.
• Ability to adapt and individualize program interventions to utilize family strengths and skills.
• Commitment to empowering families to solve their own problems.
• Belief in the capacity of people to grow and change.
• Ability to establish a mutually respectful relationship, in which the family is a full partner, empowered to solve their own problems.
• Ability to intervene decisively, when necessary, to protect family members.
• Ability to set appropriate boundaries and limits for best practice.
• Carry a caseload as assigned.
• Provide home-based Functional Family Therapy to families.
• Actively participate as part of the therapy team.
• Coordinate and facilitate groups as assigned.
• Assist families by actively referring them to appropriate services and supports.
• Assist families with both clinical and concrete services.
• Perform the basic accountability tasks related to the job, which include compiling and maintaining all necessary records.
• Assist administrative staff in collection of information for program effectiveness.
• Perform other duties as requested by your direct supervisor, the program director or the Chief Executive Officer.
• Responds in a positive and respectful manner to diversity, among the agency’s service population and staff.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer