FFT Case Manager
The Children’s Aid Society is seeking qualified social service professionals to fill the Case Manager position in our Functional Family Therapy (FFT) Aftercare Services program in Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island. This program provides short term, intensive, home/community-based therapeutic preventive services to adolescents and their families who are returning from non-secure juvenile detention placements
FFT is also a clinical, evidence-based intensive family treatment model of a 3-5-month duration that focuses on the multiple domains of client experiences (cognitive, emotional and behavioral) and their impact on the relationship between the adolescent and the family. It is comprised of three distinct phases of service delivery, thereby allowing the therapist to maintain fidelity to the model by focusing on the relational context of the family disruption. FFT is exclusively home-based and works primarily with the family unit. This model serves adolescents between the ages of 11 and 18 and their families by targeting the factors in the family interactions/relationships that are contributing to the negative behaviors.
• Assist families who receive clinical services from FFT staff in getting concrete services and supports.
• Carry a small caseload of at risk families
• Home visits and other field work such as school visits.
• Perform the basic accountability tasks related to the job which include compiling and maintaining all necessary records.
• Perform other duties as needed
• BSW preferred, but BA or BS in any social or human services field acceptable
• 2 years’ experience in social work field.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
• Ability to engage difficult families.
• Ability to work with adolescents.
• Knowledge of public benefits and community resources in Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island
• Flexibility in accommodating family’s schedules.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Ability to work with respect for cultural diversity.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer