The Children’s Aid Society After School in Action Program at SU Campus (I.S.218), funded by OST (Out of School Time) is an after school enrichment program operating Monday through Friday, from 2:30pm to 6:00pm. The program offers tutorial help for students with their homework, additional educational instruction, and the opportunity to engage in an array of enriching activities.
• A Facilitator is responsible for the supervision and care of (up to) 20 children, which comprise a group or club.
• A Facilitator is a leader, who commits to teach by modeling and demonstrates characteristics that participants can learn from.
• It is essential that candidates applying for this position enjoy being around middle school age children, respects them as people, and seeks to include them in fun activities.
• Facilitators have an Assistant in most cases, which they supervise and provide guidance on the day to day activities.
• Facilitators have to provide individual and group tutoring in areas such as reading, writing, mathematics, and study skills.
• Facilitators are expected to develop classroom and behavioral management skills, implement professionally developed literacy-based curriculum, and develop relationships with children and their families.
• Facilitators are also expected help in the design, plan and lead the implementation of special projects in and out of program.
We expect you to…
Be punctual, responsible, positive in attitude, and provide encouragement to children. Teach, supervise, and organize games. Assist in any activities needed for the orderly operation of the program: supervise children during supper, ensuring equipment is properly signed out and that all equipment is properly cleaned and returned. Attend regular staff meetings and trainings and work cooperatively with other staff members in the program
• Pursing a Bachelors or Associates Degree
• Field of study in Education or Social Work
• At least one year experience working with children, tutoring, or teaching is highly preferred.
• Applicants with a background in Art, Drama, Music, Martial Arts, Gymnastics are welcome.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer