Director of Functional Family Therapy Non-Secure Placement Aftercare Services
CAS seeks a Director for its Non-Secure Placement (NSP) Aftercare Services. Reporting to the Director of Youth Justice Services, the Director of NSP Aftercare will lead the ongoing development and implementation of this new evidence based Functional Family Therapy (FFT) program serving justice system involved youth under New York City’s Close to Home initiative.
The mission of The Children’s Aid Society (CAS) is to help children in poverty to succeed and thrive. Since our founding in 1853, we have been at the forefront of developing innovative and effective programs and comprehensive supports to children and their families in targeted high-needs New York City neighborhoods. Each year, The Children’s Aid Society touches the lives of more than 70,000 children and families in more than 40 locations.
The Director of Non-Secure Placement Aftercare Services oversees all aspects of services intended to assist in the transition of adjudicated youth placed in non-secure placement facilities (NSP) back to their home communities in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. The CAS NSP Aftercare program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Functional Family Therapy (FFT) to provide intensive in-home services that promote behavior change in the youth’s natural environment.
• Supervising and managing a staff of five FFT Therapists, one Supervisor and a Case Manager providing services in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island
• Management of New York City Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) contract for the provision of NSP Aftercare Services
• Serving as Intake liaison with ACS and NSP providers; maintaining referral logs
• Serving as liaison to ACS, FFT Consultants, and ensuring program’s fidelity to the FFT model
• Performing Quality Assurance activities including review of client files to ensure program compliance with ACS Preventive Standards
• Coordination of staff FFT training and consultation and other trainings relevant to serving justice system involved youth
• Performing other duties as requested by your direct supervisor
• Master’s degree in social work or related degree; LCSW preferred
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in juvenile justice, preventive services and/or Functional Family Therapy
• Three years of supervisory experience
• Training and experience in FFT or willingness to train for FFT upon hire; ability to internalize and work within the Functional Family Therapy philosophy and model
• Knowledge and experience of NYC child welfare system, specifically with ACS Preventive standards and practice
• Understanding of and experience working with highrisk, multicultural, diverse young people
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal communication, writing and organizational skills
• Flexibility with work hours/schedule as needed for programming and participant needs
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer