Director of Business Solutions
Coordinate, participate and work with sponsoring business areas to deploy Business Technology solutions necessary to support various Business and/or Program needs and requirements of CAS. The Director of Business Solutions is expected to take an active leadership role in the project life cycle from inception to implementation.
Problems and Challenges:
It is extremely important to the organization as a whole, that Business solutions offer the highest reliability and performance level possible, be appropriate and sustainable, and support the overall goals of the organization The Director of Business Solutions is charged to work with various business and program areas, his/her IT team, outside vendors and organizations to deliver technically sound and business appropriate systems that support the objectives of the organization.
Essential Position Functions-
• Participate in all phases of project life cycle. Provide Leadership and act as technology and project mentor to Business/Program area. Manage implementation of project including: scope, deliverables, configuration, testing, final production turnover.
• Work with Business/Program area to review existing business process, define and document problems, issues and future needs, wants and requirements.
• Coordinate efforts of internal and external technical staff in the creation and implementation of new system projects and in the support of existing production systems.
• Develop protocols and standards for managing application implementation process. Create and implement release schedules for software projects. Provide timely Status reports with identified critical milestones, achievements, concerns and issues.
• Work with IT team to develop vision, strategies, and organizational plans to support strategic project initiatives and day-to-day operational requirements.
• Participate in functional design and requirements/needs analysis, RFP development, vendor assessment and make or buy decision process. Assist in application configuration and deployment, design and architecture
• Assist in the testing process, execute and document the tests necessary to ensure an application or technical environment meets performance requirements (technical, functional and Business user interface). Ensure new software, related fixes and/or enhancements are tested successfully by key Business areas and supporting IT areas.
• Analyze and correct functionality problems - Identifying new methods of improving application performance and stability.
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of appropriate documentation including program, system, operational and Business user documentation as required.
• Manage day-to-day activities of the Business solutions team.
• Ensure all projects and support activities are executed on time and within budget.
• Contribute to a high-performing, motivated work group by applying interpersonal communications and collaboration skills to achieve project goals and to realize value.
• Create at atmosphere that supports and encourages awareness of new business and technology developments.
• Provide team members guidance to support the organization as well as to support the long term development of individual team members.
This position requires contact with members of the business teams, technical personnel, external technical personnel at various corporations and institutions, future partners, and other technical vendors as required. Some travel may be required.
• Minimum - 7 - 10 years of full project life cycle application experience with 3 -5 years in leadership or management role.
• Strong Project Leadership Experience and track record of team building.
• Demonstrated experience managing internal and external technical resources.
• Working experience using Internet/Intranet technologies for the deployment of applications
• Technically competent with proven experience using Microsoft technologies. Knowledge of web servers i.e. IIS. Strong knowledge of RDBMS systems with particular emphasis on SQL Server.
• Very strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
• Highly organized and detail oriented with outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to express technical concepts effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work well with people of varying degrees of technical expertise.
• Desire to grow and capability to learn.
• BS/BA in Business Informatics, Computer Science or related field. Certified PMP, MS or MBA a plus
• Experience with Accounting and Budgeting applications – Great Plains preferred
• Knowledge of Payroll, Talent Management, Fundraising, Medical records is preferred
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer