Cooking Specialist: $3000-$3400
Qualifications: Experience in cooking, teaching nutrition and teaching cooking. Must have a Food Handler’s Certificate.
The Children's Aid Society runs a summer day camp in Chappaqua, NY that brings together children from Manhattan, the Bronx, and Westchester. Campers and staff are bused to and from the camp each day. The purpose of this camp is to provide traditional summer camp activities (swimming, arts & crafts, sports, horsemanship, etc.) in the context of relationship building. The children who attend this camp are from different socio-economic, cultural, and racial backgrounds, and range in age from 6-13.
Program: 7 Weeks 3 Days of Training
The Cooking Specialist implements the Cooking Program. This purpose of this program is to introduce healthy foods, teach procedures of preparing and cooking foods, provide 6recipes that campers can follow so that they can prepare, cook, and eat in one 45-minute period.
The Cooking Specialist is responsible to fulfill the following duties:
- Implement the Cooking Program in the summer camp for all 24 groups of campers. Each group will have from 9 sessions over the seven weeks of camp.
- Plan the program as noted above including preparing food and supply orders.
- Comply with all Board of Health regulations regarding the handling of food.Maintain a sanitary cooking room for the class be keeping it clean and monitoring the campers
- Supervise Aides who will assist with programming and dishwashing.
- Collaborate with the Garden Specialist on the use of vegetable and herb garden as part of the curriculum
- Attend days of training and orientation prior to camp.
- Work 1of the 2overnights until 9pm.
- Fulfill job activities not listed here important to the success of the camp.
Please upload a cover letter with TWO REFERENCES and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer