Computer Clubhouse Specialist
The Children’s Aid Society- Frederick Douglass Center is a multi-service center serving the diverse and changing needs of area children and families through community based programming. Our innovative, supportive, and cutting edge services include: Early Childhood, After-School, Middle School & Teen programs, Weekend Programming, Family Workshops, and other important services. Under the supervision of the Center Director, the Computer Clubhouse Specialist will work with a group of 10-20 children, ages 5-11 years old, planning and implementing instruction and/or activities in a manner that educates, motivates, and engages children and strengthens their social, artistic, and computer skills.
HOURS: Monday-Friday from 2:30-6:30pm
(Specific hours to be determined based on program needs)
• Be punctual, responsible, positive in attitude, and provide encouragement to all children, their families, and staff.
• Be a positive role model for children and serve as positive role model for youth.
• Work collaboratively with other Center and Agency programs and partners.
• Attend and participate in staff trainings and/or meetings that may be offered on-site or off-site.
• Communicate regularly with the Program Coordinator and/or Center Director on a monthly basis or as otherwise indicated to discuss observations, program needs, and/or program trends.
• Plan and facilitate the computer clubhouse activities for all school aged children and adolescents.
• Coordinate with outside agencies that may provide dance instruction or want our dancers to perform.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s Degree or working towards degree, preferred
• High School Diploma or GED
• At least one year of experience working with children
• Knowledge and experience working with graphic design software, lego robotics, etc
• Knowledge of youth development principles and youth programs
• Knowledge of computers, data collection, data input, and data utilization
• Ability to interface with diverse youth and staff populations and able to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Good command of English Language, Bilingual a plus
• Good physical health and able to lead and participate in physical activity
• Ability to travel on public transportation
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer