Community School Director
Our School Age Division is seeking a highly qualified Community School Director for our C.S. 211 and C.S. 61 locations. The Community School Director is responsible for the management of all activities, programs and services implemented in the school. These may extend beyond those directly subsidized by the Children’s Aid Society (CAS) and also include programs by the Department of Education.
• Assures the functioning of all programs (health, dental, mental health, specialty services and projects) by designating a person to supervise these or relating to the designated supervisors.
• Assures above is carried out within the context of partnership and collaboration.
• Develops, maintains and nurtures relationship with the school administration so as to operationalize the partnership.
• Develops programs that aim to increase educational opportunities and social connections for both children and families.
• Oversees performance management efforts (developing and tracking outcomes, ensuring that data collection systems are in place and using data to inform programmatic decisions).
• Assures that hours of operation and supervision in the school fulfill the basic principles of community schools: extending school day, week and year for children and families.
• Responsible for developing and enhancing parental involvement in the schools through the use of dedicated activities, classes and events. May designate a parent coordinator and provide leadership to this component.
• Represents school in community meetings and events.
• Participates in Technical Assistance activities.
• Responsible for all administrative and fiscal matters (hiring, payroll, fees, petty cash, budget, etc.).
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, Education or related Field
• Five years of Administrative Experience
• Bilingual Spanish/English Skills a plus
The Community School Director may be responsible for other components, depending on the school. She/he supervises program directors, coordinators and others in each school.
The Community School Director is directly responsible to the Deputy Director of the School-Age division.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer