CASAC Social Worker
Under the direction of a Senior Social Worker and/or Supervisor, provides social work services to children, adolescents and their families using various social work methods, including individual, group and family counseling to address the impact of substance abuse. These functions are performed under general supervision, necessitating the ability to exercise independent and sound judgment.
• Participates with interdisciplinary team members in developing and implementing program policies and procedures and preventing crises.
• Assesses the social and emotional needs of patients.
• Provides services to adolescents that present with substance abuse experimentation, use and or abuse
• Provides direct counseling/social services to students referred by self, health team, faculty, administration and other school ancillary staff.
• Coordinates social work services and patient referrals between the program and other agencies providing social and educational services in both the school and local community.
• Establishes referral network/linkages with outside agencies for both students and parents.
• Participates and occasionally presents at PA meetings, teacher meetings, assemblies, etc.
• Serves as an advocate for patients' rights within the clinic and serves as a mediator between parents, child and school.
• Remains available for crisis intervention as the need arises.
• Records professional assessments, identifies problems, treatment plans and progress notes as required by OMH regulations and program’s policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master's Degree in Social Work and a valid New York State License in Social Work.
• CASAC certification is a MUST
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
• Ability to work effectively with adolescents, families, professionals and other personnel
• Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer