The Children’s Aid Society (CAS), established in 1853, is one of New York City’s leading child and family service organizations. Today the CAS Early Childhood Department serves nearly 600 low-income children ages 0-5 in schools and community centers across 9 sites throughout Manhattan and the Bronx through a combination of Universal Preschool, Head Start and Early Head Start funding and child care subsidies.
The Business Manager must have qualifications that satisfy Federal Head Start requirements and the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Article 47 regulations. In addition, the Business Manager must have:
1. An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Human Resources, or a related field.
2. Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, on-line data management systems.
3. Effective communication skills; both oral and written.
4. Be organized and have effective planning skills.
5. Demonstrate a professional approach
6. Be resourceful & dependable
7. Preferably bilingual: Spanish/English
8. Be a strong team player.
(A review and final determination of credentials and qualifications are reserved for the site Education Director and the CAS Director of Early Childhood Programs.)
Under the direct supervision of the site’s Education/Program Director, the Business Manager’s responsibilities include the following:
• Responsible for administrate supports which include, but are not limited to, processing accounts payable, vendor requests/payments, payroll, Time & Leave, Metro Card requests, supply orders, COLAs and hiring logistics.
• Engage with on-line systems (i.e. Servue, WES, PreKids, etc.)
• Manage the site’s budget
• Collect applicable fees depending on site eligibility.
• Active participation in audits (internal/external audits, Fiscal Reviews, Federal Review, etc.)
• Assist with program supports such as creating calendars, workshop flyers, trip logistics, etc.
• Participate in offered trainings, workshops, in-service days, and/or all-staff conferences.
• Maintain certification requirements and proof of attendance in professional activities
Health and Safety
• Adhere to all state and city licensing requirements and CPR/first aid certification.
• Maintain a healthy and safe environment.
And other related duties as assigned, at the discretion of the Educational/Program Director and /or CAS.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer