Assistant Academic Enrichment Facilitator
The Assistant Academic Enrichment Facilitator will work with groups of children supporting the Academic Enrichment Facilitator with the planning and implementation activities based on identified curricula in a manner that motivates and engages children and strengthens their academic and social-emotional skills.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of high-quality, age-appropriate program activities, whether academic support, enrichment, physical activity and healthy living, or leadership development (middle school only) from identified curricula.
• Directly co-supervise a group of 25 to 30 children a day between the ages of 5 to 14 years old during program hours.
• Assist Activity Specialist with curriculum implementation within the assigned group.
• Maintain participant case files and documentation of all required services and activities.
• Complete and submit weekly schedules, reports, and all other required documentation.
• Ensure that the aforementioned activities align with OST program goals and achieve outlined outcomes.
• Support the development and maintenance of an effective system of classroom management that encourages youth to develop pro-social behavior and self-discipline.
• Contribute to the cleaning and maintenance of a supportive, respectful classroom environment that is well organized and resource rich to ensure that activities are offered in a timely, efficient manner.
• Attend curriculum/program meetings with the Program Coordinator, or relevant personnel on a monthly basis or as otherwise indicated.
• Attend internal and external professional development training programs, including those focused on alignment of activities with educational standards.
• Be informally observed on a regular basis and formally observed monthly by either the Program Coordinator or the Education Specialist.
• Be a positive role model for children and serve as a positive role model for youth.
• Occasionally work evenings and weekends when needed.
• Assist with the training of the Assistant Academic Enrichment Facilitator.
• All other duties as required, assigned, and necessary
• At least an Associate’s degree in a related field or two years of successful experience working with students in an appropriate school level (either elementary or middle school).
• Meets all regulatory standards for staffing set out by the SACC Regulations.
• Knowledge of positive youth development practices.
• Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver services in a manner that is sensitive to the diverse backgrounds of the children and families served (e.g. ethnicity, race, religion).
• Commitment to The Children’s Aid Society mission, education, and youth development principles.
• Must be able to participate and engage in activities performed in water; specifically at the pool or beach.
• Must be able to run, jump, walk, stand, crouch, kneel, talk and hear to engage and lead children in recreational activities.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer