After School Associate
The Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School (CACPCS) is a community school whose mission is to prepare elementary school students for success in school and in life by providing them with a rigorous instructional experience, addressing their physical, emotional and social needs, fostering a sense of pride and hope, and serving as a safe and engaging community hub.
An After-School Associate is responsible for the supervision, safety and care of up to 20 children in a group or club. Each Associate is a leader in their own right and must be committed to model characteristics to help children learn and benefit from after-school activities. It is essential that candidates applying for this position enjoy working with elementary school children, respect their developmental needs and seek to include fun into learning activities and opportunities.
First,After-School Associates are dedicated and serious adults activelty pursing a college degree. He/she will provide individual and group tutoring to students. In addition, Associates are expected to develop and adhere to behavioral management skills, implement after-school curriculums, and develop and adhere to meaningful relationships with children. Lastly, they will help to design, plan and lead special projects during the school year.
An After-School Associate is expected to be punctual, responsible, have a positive attitude and provide encouragement to children. They are to plan, teach, and organize games and assist in activities or tasks necessary to ensure an orderly environment of interactive fun. Each Associate will ensure that equipment is properly signed out and that all equipment areas and materials are properly cleaned and returned. They will attend regular staff meetings and trainings and work cooperatively with all staff of the school.
• Pursing a Bachelors or Associates Degree
• Field of study in Education or Social Work
• Ability and willingness to work with teachers, peers and teaching artists
• A basic understanding of youth developmental milestones
• Professionalism, sound judgment, foresight, flexibility and maturity
• An entrepreneurial spirit which embraces creativity and work ethic
• At least two years of experience working with children, tutoring or teaching is highly preferred
• Available from September 16, 2013 through June 21, 2014, without exception
Please upload a cover letter and resume below
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Children's Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer