Academic Enrichment Facilitator
The OST Program at PS 50 is a new collaboration led by the Children’s Aid Society and PS 50 (DOE) funded by the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) to provide students with creative, engaging, and fun learning programs that support academic growth and youth development, promote attendance and engagement, involve families as partners, and encourage health and fitness.
The goals of the CAS/PS 50 Bronx program are to:
• Promote learning gains that will contribute to a narrowed achievement gap
• Support key transition periods to ensure that students are prepared for success in new school environments
• Provide enrichment to address opportunity gaps
• Collaborate with DOE teaching staff and the CAS colleagues in delivering the OST program.
• Participate in program-wide curriculum design and preparation, as required
• Confer with site supervisors and others in matters pertaining to instruction, students and family support
• Implement academic, academic enrichment and youth leadership curricula.
• Develop, plan and implement activities in a manner that motivates and engages children and strengthens their academic and social skills.
• Ensure activities provide a consistent, safe, and welcoming environment that ensures all youth experience a sense of belonging
• Maintain accurate student records
• Participate in regularly scheduled department, staff and/or case-conferencing meetings
• Attend pre-program orientation/training meetings
• Attend parent-teacher meetings, as needed or scheduled
• Supervise students at special events (e.g. field trips), as needed
• Monitor student arrival, snack and lunch periods and dismissal from program
• Integrate opportunities for learning and pro-social skills development into all aspects of the program.
• 3-5 years experience facilitating group with elementary children or adolescents.
• Strong commitment and motivation to assist in achieving goals of the OST program; experience working within a youth development framework;
• Demonstrated ability to connect with and lead young people; tutoring/teaching experience.
• Prior experience as a facilitator in an after-school setting highly desirable.
• Bachelor's degree in social services, education or related field required OR active college student/some college coursework completed and a minimum of 5 years or more equivalent job related experience.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience working with student populations in grades 1-5
• A demonstrated ability to motivate, stimulate and challenge students to commit, participate, and remain engaged throughout the school year program
• Excellent classroom management skills and proven ability to employ a variety of behavior management techniques to create a safe and fun learning environment
• Satisfactory experience working at elementary school level.
• An understanding of and sensitivity to the emotional, social and academic needs of students during different developmental stages
• Documented record of excellent attendance and punctuality
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer