Academic Enrichment Facilitator
The Academic Enrichment Facilitator will work with a group of children, planning and implementing activities based on identified curricula in a manner that motivates and engages children and strengthens their academic and social-emotional skills.
• Plan and implement high-quality, age-appropriate program activities, whether academic support, enrichment, physical activity and healthy living, or leadership development (middle school only) from identified curricula.
• Directly co-supervise a group of 25 to 30 children a day between the ages of 5 to 14 years old during program hours.
• Assist Activity Specialist with curriculum implementation within the assigned group.
• Maintain participant case files and documentation of all required services and activities.
• Complete and submit weekly schedules, reports, and all other required documentation.
• Ensure the aforementioned activities align with program goals and achieve outlined outcomes.
• Develop and maintain an effective system of classroom management that encourages children to develop pro-social behavior and self-discipline.
• Clean and maintain a supportive, respectful classroom environment that is well organized and resource rich to ensure activities are offered in a timely, efficient manner.
• Interact, engage and maintain open communication with parents to enable a better understanding of youth needs and how to manage the child/children.
• Attend curriculum/program meetings with the Program Coordinator or relevant personnel on a monthly basis or as otherwise indicated.
• Coordinate with center staff to ensure continuity of services between school day and after-school in terms of students’ homework, behavior, etc.
• Attend internal and external professional development pertaining to role, including those focused on alignment of activities with educational standards.
• Be informally observed on a regular basis and formally observed monthly by either the Program Coordinator or the Education Specialist.
• Be a positive role model for children and serve as a positive role model for youth.
• Occasionally work evenings and weekends when needed.
• Assist with the training of the Assistant Academic Enrichment Facilitator.
• All other duties as required, assigned, and necessary.
• At least an Associate’s degree in a related field or two years of successful experience working with students in appropriate school level (either elementary or middle school).
• Meets all regulatory standards for staffing set out by the NYS SACC Regulations.
• Knowledge of positive youth development practices.
• Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver services in a manner that is sensitive to the diverse backgrounds of the children and families served (e.g. ethnicity, race, religion).
• Commitment to The Children’s Aid Society mission, education, and youth development principles.
• Must be able to participate and engage in activities performed in water; specifically at the pool or beach.
• Must be able to run, jump, walk, stand, crouch, kneel, talk and hear to engage and lead children in recreational activities.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Children's Aid Society is an equal opportunity employer