Children's Aid's after-school programs run for three hours five days per week at all of our community schools and community centers.
The various sites offer a wide range of activities from which the children can choose. Homework help is a major priority. Children receive a healthy snack before embarking on their preferred activities. Some examples from our community center sites include:
- Sports, swimming and arts and crafts at Dunlevy Milbank Center.
- Theater, music, radio/video production and dance at the Drew Hamilton Learning Center.
- Nutrition and health education at East Harlem Center.
- Book club, chess and cooking classes at Frederick Douglass Center.
- Pottery, robotics and private music lessons at Rhinelander Children's Center.
- Running Children’s Aid’s radio station at the Goodhue Center.
For more information
For more information and a complete roster of the programs available at any Children's Aid site, please click on the link for that location.