Are you a Black man concerned about the academic and social challenges facing African American boys? Steps to Success is looking for men of strong character who can share their stories of personal and professional triumph with program participants.
Our Everyday Heroes are adult Black male role models who volunteer to do brief presentations and participate in weekly Rap Groups to share their personal “success stories” and wisdom about forming paths to success. We also encourage Everyday Heroes to get involved by:
- Inviting program participants to visit their place of employment.
- Serving on event/project committees
- Helping raise funds for the program
- Assisting in building partnerships
- Helping to recruit volunteers